show / hide sidebar
Can't decide on the perfect gift? Let them get exactly what they want! Y2PLAY Stores offers gift certifcates.
Walthers HO Scale GE GEVO (DCC/ESU Sound) Canadian National/CN ES44AC #2868
Introduced in 2003 to comply with tougher emission standards, and more popularly known among railfans and modelers as GEVOs, these big engines have quickly become one of the most popular locos worldwide. Designated as the ES44 (Evolution Series, 4,400 horsepower), prototype variations in North American service include locos with DC or AC traction motors and buyers have also specified center idler axles, as well as high adhesion or steerable trucks.
GE ES44 Evolution Series GEVO diesels feature:
• Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
• The most popular prototype diesel in North America
• Thousands in service from 2003 to the present
• ESU Sound for DCC and DC layouts featuring:
• 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
• Fully DCC compatible
• 14, 28, 128 speed steps
• Dual mode DC and DCC
• 4 air horns changeable by CVs
• 2 bells changeable by CVs
• Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
• Dynamic brake
• Multiple realistic lighting effects
• 2- or 4-vent dynamic brake vent as appropriate
• Easily handles 18" radius curves (22" or larger recommended)
• Six powered axles per unit
• LED Lighting includes
• Correct headlight position per prototype
• Working front ditch lights
• Three truck styles to match prototypes: Standard high-adhesion, Steerable (nonworking), C4 A1A center idler axle
• Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos
• Five-pole skew-wound motor
• 14:1 gear ratio
• Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
• All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
• Dual machined brass flywheels
• Heavy die-cast metal chassis
• Constant and directional LED lights
• Correct profile radiator grilles and rooftop walkway surface details
• Molded drill starter points for grab irons - easily added with the GE ES44 Evolution Series Diesel Detail Kit (910-250, sold separately)
• RP-25 metal wheels
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
• Fully assembled
PLEASE NOTE: When operating Walthers-branded DCC-equipped locomotives in DC mode, do not use power packs that exceed an 18V rating. This includes MRC 1300-series power packs which have known issues with our decoders.
Different road number may be pictured. Please always check description for the road number you are ordering.
This product is warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. See manufacturer website for full details.
Customers also viewed